Friday, May 22, 2015

BBG's take on: Menstrual Cups (pt.2)

This is an update on my menstrual cup journey.

So far I have one menstrual cup though I'm investing in a new one and I love the one I have. I have the Evacup by Anigan.
I got this one because

  • It was the cheapest on the market and when I got it I was just looking .
  • It was the easiest to get and available everywhere.
  • When I looked at the reviews I saw nothing out of the ordinary.
However, now I'd like to get a new one. I'm looking at the Sckoon Cup mostly, but due to the price I may need to keep looking. I got my first one for $18 and this one costs $35 to $50 on average and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about paying that much for anything right now. Especially since I'm in college and I currently don't have a job. Saving for that just doesn't seem worth it at the moment. 

So now for the real update!

I'd say now that I've used it for so many periods, I can now safely say I know what's what. 

Positives: 

  • Periods are so easy!  - No more carrying around tampons or pads! Fuck them honestly. I'm happy I'm no longer a slave to them. Staying constantly stocked and worried about when to change them and how to throw them out. 
  • I can stay out of the period worry cycle - You know what I'm talking about. When you've worn your tampon for wayyyyy to long and it hasn't leaked, but you think you're gonna die. OR when you haven't even worn it for that long, but you've ruined another pair of panties. They aren't cheap and I'm not made of money.
  • My cramps have decreased SO MUCH. - I don't stay in bed on period days. I can take a pill and be ready to go because life doesn't stop for periods unless your teacher is a woman then if she hasn't gone through menopause it can. 

Negatives:

  • The make of menstrual cup that I have! (The rim and the firmness) - There is a rim around the edge of my menstrual cup (not every cup has one, but this one does). This rim can make it slightly painful to remove because of the rim. Also mine is firm which is another problem with this one.
  • The attitude - People are freaked out by menstrual cups. The idea freaks them out SO BAD. I didn't know it was that deep honestly, but for many girls it is. Guys are fascinated though. Weird, but they are.
  • Changing it - I'm okay with going to the sink from the bathroom stall I'm in to wash out my menstrual cup, but I know this is what really freaks people out. I have heard of using a bottle to clean it out in the stall, but I don't have anything like this. 

Here's a video of this.


No comments:

Post a Comment