Sunday, May 24, 2015

BBG's take on: Looking for a Job (Diary of a Shut In #1)

I'm looking for a job. I don't really care what that job is, but the point is that I want one. Not only want, but also need one. I need a job. I need some money. I need something on my resume other than the schools I went to and various plays and theatre ensembles I was in. I need some experience, but to get experience I need a job and to get a job I need experience. Do you see my dilemma? I hope you do.

Right now I've applied to many, many jobs, most of which are online and I'm getting desperate. Well, not desperate. I'm still mostly only looking in areas where I feel like I have a strength or where I feel like I don't need skills that are untrainable into these positions. I'm looking mostly into retail and serving because I feel like I could get a job there that they can help me acquire the skills for. I pick up things quickly anyway. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, but I mostly have experience performing. That's what I did in high school when everyone else was learning to drive and got a job in retail or at some restaurant. That what I was doing when everyone was having sex and trying things and being with boys. I was practicing. I was performing. I was finding ways to perform and now I really wish I'd try to do some of those things too.

I just want some money and somewhere where I can have fun earning. Damn. I couldn't have gone to camp either though. I'm too broke to go to camp. I need money that I can't earn to go to camp. I'll find some way I guess. I'll figure it out. Hopefully soon, but it may not be for a few more weeks. I may not be able to get a job for a month. I may be broke for another year. I need to find a way to make some money... and soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment