Saturday, June 27, 2015

BBG's Tips: Taking Care of Dry Skin

Taking care of dry skin is so hard and there isn't exactly much talk of taking care of dry skin, much less anyone in the beauty community with dry skin, so now I set out on the task.

The Routine

First I wash. I wash my face with a cream cleanser after removing my makeup separately with a wipe or coconut oil. The cream cleanser that I currently use is from Aldi's skincare brand, called Lacura (Buy this here). The one I used to use was by Aveeno in the Ultra-Calming Line, for sensitive skin (Buy it here). Then I use a toner. Usually just witch hazel, but I'm thinking of switching to something that takes less moisture out of my skin, possibly an essence (I've been looking through ones from Etude House) and a serum. after I use my toner, I use a cream. I use Nivea Creme (German formulation) at night and Cetaphil Moistuizing Cream (Here) in the morning, sealed with either Coconut or Olive Oil in the winter. In the mornings, I do not cleanse my face, but just use a toner to remove the excess oil that is possibly dirty from the night before. My skin is pretty good about not breaking out, but a surefire way to get one is to leave on my moisturizer without ever cleansing in between. I only do this when I do not have a toner and then I must be extra dilligent about cleansing every night. 

My routine does change with the seasons and the time of day  because of how much time my skin has to absorb moisturizer and is my skin does not become as dry during the day. However my skin rarely becomes oily, even in the summers. 

Other General Tips

  • Drink Water. Keep yourself hydrated. It will only be good for you. There was a point where I was drinking a liter of water a day. I looked radiant and had less dry spots and less blemishes.
  • Don't touch your face. Keep you hands away. Your hands are dirty. I don't care what you washed.
    • Also don't pick at your skin either. Dry skin girls sometimes suffer from peeling skin, but don't peel it or it won't heal. It will just come back tomorrow and possible get infected.
  • Do your routine quickly. If you moisturize quickly after you have done the other parts of your routine, you can avoid the problem of putting moisture on dry patches which then peel. Go quickly because then you can seal in the water as moisture. 
  • Always wear moisturizer. This one isn't just for dry skin girls, but is especially important for us. 
  • Sunscreen is a must for EVERYONE. Melanin is not sunsceen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment